Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back in Canterbury

The Friary (and Master's Lodge)


Night time view from my room


And in the daytime, from my room


My 14th Century attic room!

Am back in Canterbury for another term at the Franciscan Study Centre and staying at the friary in the city centre. And once again kick starting this blog.

The study is two papers: Writings of Francis; and Franciscanism in the Contemporary World. So far so good although there are essays to write for each and a lot of reading. I'm the only student in both classes so there is no back row to hide in and no one else to make intelligent comments when my brain is mush.

The friary has, since last time here, moved down the Stour River to the Master's Lodge of Eastbridge Hospital (Austin is the Master - hence our living in the Master's Lodge)

6 comments:

kwon yongmin said...

How are you,Chris?
I am youngmin in Korea.
It's nice penthouse. :)
Take care of yourself.
It's getting hotter in Korea.

Anonymous said...

I was searching about friar's balsam and its uses and i came across your page.
you have interesting blog friar john! bless you ;) keep safe -A

Urkyle said...

Hey Friar

I have never spoken to a real life friar before.
Must be an interesting life, but what made .... let me rephrase how did God lead you to this plavce in your life.
Ok know you are busy so wont keep you but I would love to talk further. I am a Hebrew Roots student and would love to share throghts and revelations.
My mail address is urkyle@gmail.com
look forward to speaking with you
Musch Blessings
Laurence Meier

Anonymous said...

paclitaxel shanghaibio varga referential trainers ephs approachable vaidyasala fetoprotein police defender
semelokertes marchimundui

Anonymous said...

[... ] is one another must read source of information on this issue[...]

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.