Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Flying Friar


Since January 21st I've been travelling. My hopes of regular blogging have vanished. It would be easy to write a travelogue but that sounds a bit dull.

Just a summary of my travels is that I was first in New Zealand where I visited family and community and old friends in Wellington, Nelson, Auckland and Hamilton.

With my sister, Jane, and nieces, Bridie and Maddie.

One of the fun meetings was with some of my old secondary school friends. We were all in the 7th Form at Nayland College, Nelson, in 1974. And as we assured each other, "You don't look a bit older!" As the day (and the wine) flew so did our memories.

Here we are: Christine, Ursula, Linda and me.


Since then I've been settled in Australia at the Hermitage in Stroud, N.S.W. I'll be here for a few months doing the sort of things one does in hermitages. Praying, eating, sleeping, welcoming guests, doing housework.

This is a beautiful place in the bush with mud brick buildings and a very peaceful atmosphere. I first came here in 1986 and have always found it has an atmosphere of prayer.

Perhaps I'll be inspired to write more frequently!

No comments: