Wednesday, January 23, 2008

travels in the UK

Last weekend I took a few days off study to visit friaries in London and Dorset (particularly to interview the older members) and to Ringwood in the New Forest to meet some cousins.

The English weather was is it always seems to be these days - wet and windy.

Here a few photos.

Salisbury Cathedral

With cousins Nick, Peter and Carol, and Jeannie (Peter's wife)
Carol with Gambit walking in a rather boggy heath

Hilfield Friary in Dorset

The Friary of the Divine Compassion in Plaistow, London

Brothers Donald and Arnold, two of the older ones I interviewed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro Chris, You're an excellent photographer... :) Francis Cho +(Geumsan)

Katiya Rhode said...

Hello cousin (I think, if I've got the genealogy right!). Nice to see the photos of your visit - I hope you didn't get rained on too much and I'm glad to see that Gambit didn't eat you!
Best wishes, The (possibly infamous) daughter of your hosts, Katiya (for internet purposes!)

Anonymous said...

Hello Monk Chris, I just read a horrendous piece of news about what happened in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. I wish any dirty bit of those distractions cannot disturb your meditation or study.
Anyway, thank you for sharing the pictures and writings...
Take care!