Friday, November 30, 2007

Assisi Diary

I arrived in Assisi two days ago after a too-busy attempt to see as much of Rome as possible. Here it's much quieter. There's a lot to see and a lot to take in but I have longer - nearly a month - so I am much more relaxed.

Today Br Thomas Anthony came back after a week away. It was good to welcome him back. Also today I learnt something about shops. They close about midday and then reopen maybe about 5pm. I had offered to cook but but 6pm the greengrocer was still not open and I was unable to cook. No problems. Just go out to dinner!

One of the favourite foods of the region is truffles - and so for the first time in my life I have enjoyed truffles - in two different ways. One in a creamy sauce with pasta, the other with mushrooms on bruschetta. I've also enjoyed coffee with grappa. So there are plenty of spiritual delights in this place...

No photos yet - the internet connection is too slow.

No comments: